Provide sales support for all core products, including commercial, real estate, insurance, Country Home Loans and sales follow-up for Ag Direct loans. Responsible for sales pipeline activities; including mining the portfolio and identifying prospects, coordinating pre-application and sales activities, and planning marketplace sales events and strategies. Accountable for application processing and coordination once an application is submitted up to the point of closing. Provide service to existing customers. Establish, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships by providing a consistent quality level of service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to the needs of the customer. This includes face-to-face interactions, telephone communications, written correspondence, and electronic communication. Work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Active member of the marketplace sales team responsible for the following sales pipeline activities:
Mining the portfolio and identifying prospects. Proactively utilize information from internal and external databases to identify sales opportunities for all core products. Look for data to support cross-selling opportunities. Align data mining with needs of marketplace business plan.
Pre-Application & Sales Activities: Assist with coordination of marketplace sales meetings, and participate in sales meetings if needed. Partner with sales officers to gather and organize customer information for pre-call planning. Assist in development of sales presentations. Tailor loan proposals. Assigned to complex customer accounts on a limited basis. May be involved in some sales calls.
Plan and coordinate marketplace sales events and strategies. Develop agenda and invitation list for sales events. Coordinate local direct mail campaigns. Leverage all corporate media plans, sales brochures, farm and trade shows, promotional efforts and other marketing tools. Ensure the most current marketing materials are utilized. Assist the Marketing & Communication Team with developing new marketing materials. Serve as a resource to marketplace teams in developing advertising and public relations plans. Coordinate ad placements, serve as a contact person for local media representatives and coordinate news releases.
Level 17: Prepare loan proposals with limited direction. Consistently and independently indentify sales opportunities. Demonstrate exemplary customer relationship process and business development skills.
2. Loan Application Processing & Coordination. Coordinate process from application submission up to the point of closing. Identify customer priorities and ensure understanding of priorities by all team members serving the customer. May gather financial information, process interest rate exceptions, and interact with the customer directly regarding the application. Assist with input of applications and appraisal requests as needed. Customer follow-up to gather information or discuss next step. Assist with customer loan closing meetings as needed.
Level 17: Exemplary level of coordination and prioritization in managing application process. Consistently contribute in a manner that exceeds customer expectations. High-level of direct contact and involvement with customers throughout the loan application process.
3. Existing Customer Servicing: Perform some servicing actions for existing customers. Serve as initial contact for customers for low risk loan servicing actions.
4. Provide back-up for other Account Specialists to accomplish workload in a timely manner to meet customer expectations.
5. Provide back up to the Customer Service Coordinator (CSC) position, including but not limited to answering phones, assisting with walk-in traffic, and handling loan accounting.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Tech Coach: Serve as a technology resource for the retail office team by assisting with minor questions regarding new technology, workstations, software, and printers. Interact closely with Omaha technical support staff to implement technological changes and enhancements. Inform technical support staff of common issues/problems. Perform assigned procedures to backup the office server and serve as a primary contact for on-site vendors (Dell, QMS, QWest, etc.)
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Champion: Create desire for CRM by the marketplace team. Is an advocate of customer relationship management. Sell the benefits of CRM and embrace the sharing of information. Act as a teacher and coach and share ideas.
3. Provide support to company initiatives and cross-functional workgroups as needed.
Level 17: Consistent contribution to implementation of company initiatives and changes at the marketplace level. High-level and/or frequent participation in cross-functional workgroups and company initiatives.
4. Mentoring: May mentor other Account Specialists.
Level 17: Consistently mentor, train and/or coach Account Specialists or other team members.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Level 15: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of three to five years related education and/or experience required. Two or four year college degree or specialized training preferred. Fundamental understanding of credit analysis and lending preferred.
Level 16: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of five years of related experience and/or education required. Four-year degree and/or specialized training preferred. Solid understanding of credit analysis and lending required.
Level 17: Must meet all specifications and perform all duties as outlined for Level 16, and meet majority of those items outlined as Level 17 on a consistent basis. Demonstrate specialized job knowledge in addition to exemplary team skills.
- A broad working knowledge of Farm Credit Services of America processes.
- Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of credit extension and administration processes.
- Solid understanding of FCSAmerica products and services.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Basic knowledge of financial principles and their application to credit delivery.
- Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential materials.
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong human relations, written and oral skills.
- Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of Association credit policies, procedures, standards and guidelines required.
- Ability to use loan origination system, loan accounting system, internal and external databases, computer systems and software applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills. Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- Effective presentation development skills.
Extensive internal contact with marketplace teams. Regular contact with Retail Credit Underwriting and other Omaha teams. Primary contact for Marketing & Communication Team.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
- Ability to operate a telephone; fax machine, calculator and a computer proficiently.
- Ability to hear telephone conversation and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and to give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Provides sound technical advice to clients and potential clients in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understands and explains various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, respond to customer needs and/or other related work activities.
- Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to work some irregular hours.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...