Position: Account Supervisor
Department: Account Management
Reports directly to: Account Director
Advertising Age ranks Wunderman as the #1 Digital and #1 CRM agency in the world.
Founded by Lester Wunderman in 1958, Wunderman has 170 offices in 60 countries and specialist teams in social, mobile, data and analytics that add depth and breadth to a full range of digital and direct client solutions. Informed by analytics and insight, our creative content engages the whole consumer—as participant, critic, creator and champion—in always-on conversation and dialogue to propel our clients’ growth. In Canada, Wunderman's key clients are Microsoft, Ford, Kraft Foodservice, Chico's, and Colgate. Wunderman is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
The Account Supervisor is responsible for managing, coordinating and leading Agency resources in order to meet Client's marketing and advertising needs. In this role, the Account Supervisor has overall responsibility for Agency output and provides perspective and leadership in the development of quality solutions. The Account Supervisor also has key involvement in the development of subordinates.
- Main day-to-day client contact on all project work
- Supervise account and project managers and insure all projects are delivered on schedule and per client specifications
- Manage account manager personnel development, training and administrative elements (e.g., hiring, vacation schedules, performance evaluations etc.)
- Assist Account Director with development of strategic direction / plans
- Work with Creative, Production, Strategy and Analytics groups to communicate client objectives and to assist in the development of tactical and strategic solutions. Develop communication briefs and review project briefs
- Participate in creative development and reviews to ensure that concepts and execution are on strategy and meet client objectives. Review and approve copy, layouts and proofs for assigned projects prior to presentation
- Assist Account Director with maintaining overall financials for programs and overall account profitability
- Supervise the trafficking/routing of projects, following quality control and creative approval processes, obtaining proper client sign-offs on projects, and ensuring that projects are completed accurately and per client specifications
- Set agendas for scheduling and running client meetings
- Participate in the development and delivery of client presentations
- Supervise the development of estimates, estimate revisions, work orders and other critical financial checkpoints to keep projects on time and on budget
- Help identify and provide recommendations to Account Director for expanding the scope of the client relationship based on the opportunities observed
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- People management + mentoring
- Sound qualitative & quantitative analytical skills
- Knowledge of all agency functional areas; including production, media, research and database management areas
- BA/BS degree required
- 4+ years advertising agency experience, with a minimum of 2 years account management experience.
- Strong digital marketing experience with an integrated marketing perspective
- Passion for the Technology industry
Wunderman - 18 months ago
If you've ever felt the need to "Be a Pepper," you can thank Young & Rubicam Brands (Y&R). As the advertising and...