The GCO Account Support Lead (ASL) is responsible for all activities related to supporting large accounts that have been identified by the Sales organization as strategic, key or preferred accounts. Depending on the size and scope of the customer, the support can be both first-level (Tier 1) and second-level (Tier 2).
The ASL partners with departments both internal and external to GCO to provide the best possible customer experience in support of customer and revenue retention. This is accomplished through customized support, training and integration of McGraw-Hill services into the customer workflow.
The overall intent is to facilitate excellent customer service as a value differentiator for the accounts in the Strategic/Key Account Program.
- Provide proactive and reactive support to customers through all possible interaction methods. These include telephone, e-mail, fax, internet, and standard mail.
- Assist Tier 1 Customer Care Agents with resolutions to questions concerning products, billing, technical and/or service issues, account/contract status, change of address, cancellation requests, refund requests, and other issues, as requested.
- Provide training to support customer product adoption, usage and integration into customer workflows and processes.
- Provide on-going training for new members of internal staff and Customer Care teams to ensure a firm understanding and implementation of support duties.
- Participate in special projects related to customer support and retention.
- Recognize, document and alert management of trends in customer interactions that may have a negative impact on customer satisfaction.
- Recommend business and process improvements based on customer interactions and feedback.
- Assist in development of training materials based on the needs uncovered from daily customer trainings and service implementation.
- Provide prompt and accurate problem resolution to issues identified by internal and external customers.
- Document all activities and interactions in the appropriate CRM system (Siebel, Oracle, Horizon, etc.).
- Meet or exceed business SLA’s and business process requirements through effective prioritization and timely problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 3+ year's customer service and technical support experience in products and services related to the appropriate business unit.
- Proficiency in desktop software programs, necessary in successfully executing against job requirements (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other software packages as necessary (CRM, Order Management, etc.), as well as functional knowledge of network systems necessary to complete tasks, and manage duties accordingly.
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on a daily basis.
- Strong analytical skills to review processes and procedures, identify and present necessary changes.
- Flexible approach to cover colleagues work when needed.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to facilitate communication and interaction with all staff levels and customers, including those that may not clearly speak English.
- Exceptional organizational/time management skills for scheduling training sessions and pro-active outreach to customers/end users.
- Practical experience of working in a team environment.
- Understand complex problems, and identify and present viable solutions with confidence.
- Able to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivating.
- Communicate effectively in writing, ability to compose a professional business email, grammatically correct and content accurate.
- Integrated knowledge of internal systems and cross-departmental operations.
- Knowledge of product-specific markets, trading and/or service operations and financial services.
- Experience with CRM systems, including sales, operations, and financial.
- Spanish Language Skills
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
, the world’s leading energy information provider, traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders will depend on you to help them make better trading and investment decisions in the all-important energy markets. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts. We have a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. Platts is a division of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....