The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at the University of Arizona is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Accountant, Associate. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, self-starting individual who enjoys working in a team environment. The Accountant, Associate position requires someone with strong organizational skills, attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy, excellent judgment and independence, including ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, determine the best approach or action based on policies, practices, guidelines and procedures, and a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for eligible employees and their spouses and dependents; access to campus and recreational activities; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Utilize UAccess Financials and Analytics to review, approve and monitor operational account transactions, budgets, balances and account reconciliations for appropriate spending and compliance with UA's policies and regulations.
- Investigate operational accounting discrepancies and identify solutions.
- Assist in problem-solving; recommend changes to processes and procedures; develop tools to assist in establishing efficient operations.
- Provide general accounting and operational support for departmental state, local, and auxiliary accounts.
- Examine and approve expenditures for assigned accounts ensuring compliance and specifications with University policy.
- Keep financial procedures up to date for the position.
- Request General Error Corrections (GEC's) as necessary to move expenses to appropriate account or object code.
- Prepare the following transactions and/or documents utilizing the University's UAccess Financial System: GEC's, SET's, DV's, travel, deposits, invoices to outside vendors, payments to vendors, changes to funding distributions, etc.
- Coordinate departmental p-card month end reconciliation.
- Provide monthly accounting/budget reports to the Directors and Dean.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related area with accounting coursework; OR, four years of progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and coursework in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Four years of progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and coursework in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Working knowledge of U of A policies and procedures, and systems: UAccess, Analytics, and Financials.
- Knowledge of and experience with UAccess as related to budgets and reporting and UA Purchasing Card and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Access, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong customer-oriented skills with primary focus on sustaining customer relations.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is security sensitive based on the job duties and requires a finger-print criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Administrative and Professional