Alvarez & Marsal, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Insurance Advisory Services team. With more than 2,200 professionals based in 40 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M’s Insurance Advisory Services (IAS) practice, with offices throughout the US, provides a full range of consulting services to companies and investors throughout the insurance sector, focusing on alleviating pressure points within healthy, underperforming and/or troubled organizations. We operate with efficient, highly experienced teams who are accustomed to solving complex problems and delivering rapid results. Unlike other advisors, A&M brings the proven capability and experience to develop and implement solutions in support of business transformations and restructurings.
Our professionals are aligned with a IAS service line to promote the development of deep functional skills and experiences and to maximize our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
Our Insurance Advisory Services include:
- Risk Management Solutions
- Pension and Benefit Solutions
- Regulatory Support
- Data and Analytics
- Insurance Performance Improvement
- Captive Insurance Management
This is a great opportunity for an accounting professional to work with A&M’s captive insurance management group, responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of captive insurance clients. This position will be located in either our Philadelphia or New York City location.
- Preparation of financial statements—monthly reports, annual reports and premium tax reports
- Collection of all supporting documents for transactions
- Produce general reports for clients/clients’ accountants
- Perform financial analysis for preferred calculations(SPIV)
- Manage approximately 30 (A) and (B) captives with occasional claims activity
- Regulatory compliance
- Client administrative functions
- Serve as principal client liaison
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able meet strict work deadlines and take ownership of your role, work well both independently and be passionate about teamwork, while fostering excellent client relations. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Accounting degree (preferably BA/BS) or equivalent
- CPA license and insurance accounting experience a plus
- Financial statement preparation or comparable experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and insurance accounting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks; ability to be trained on new software programs
It is A&M's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with all applicable laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and city entities.
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...