The Accountant, Team Finance is responsible for supporting various team and league financial processes managed by the NBA, WNBA and D- League Offices. This position is responsible for coordinating, maintaining and updating Team financial information as well as understanding and analyzing results.
• Provide analysis, identify trends and make recommendations to improve team business performance for NBA, WNBA and NBA Development League Teams
• Manage the collection and reporting of financial data from teams including budgets, projections, and year end results
• Develop presentations and provide analytical support for League executives and Board of Governors meetings
• Assist in the audits of League BRI (Basketball Related Income) and CFS (Combined Financial Statement)
• Responsible for preparing the NBA, WNBA and NBA Development League ticket reports. Evaluate reports and provide analysis on ticket revenue and projections
• Prepare analyses and supporting schedules relating to WNBA and NBA Development League franchise sale transactions and lease negotiations.
• Assist in the player payroll process for the NBA Development League
• Provide necessary support on League financial processes and analysis including budgets and projections, trend analysis, monthly and year end close processes and audits
• Provide ongoing analytical and strategic support
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• General proficiency with the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Professional and technical accounting knowledge
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply higher-level judgment and strategic thinking
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage relationships with key constituents at the Teams (e.g., CFOs and controllers) and League office
• Strong organizational and attention to detail skills, self-directed business style with strong ability to prioritize tasks
• Enjoys working with people towards a common goal and is team player in every sense
• A bright, ambitious, and driven individual
• An individual with the highest integrity and ethical standards
• 2-4 years experience in general accounting and/or financial analysis (big four experience preferred)
Educational Background Required
• Bachelors degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting. CPA preferred.
NBA - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...