Summary: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Code and input approved invoices for payment for all MetaBank divisions and Meta Financial Group in accordance with the Accounts Payable Policy
- Scan and attach supporting documentation for invoices into A/P System
- Complete reconciliation of official checks and transmit funds daily
- Calculate and file periodic sales and use tax reports
- Maintains W-9 records and ensures compliance with applicable IRS guidelines
- Completes general ledger and DDA reconciliations as assigned
- Performs data entry for the accounting department
- Complete annual 1099-MISC filing
- Assists with internal and external audit requests
- Maintain procedures for assigned responsibilities
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by management
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to handle self in a professional manner under stressful circumstances with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to quickly adjust to changes in required workload
- Detail oriented
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- 2 years ago - save job
Governor Dennis Daugaard's goal is to create a culture in state government centered around serving the citizens, the voters and the...