Pony Express Oil Pipeline Accounts Receivable and Invoicing, Accountant will assist with the reporting of Revenue Accounting for TIGT.
Directly reports to the Director of Operational Accounting of Tallgrass with indirect reporting to the Managers of Gas Operations and Supervisor of A/R. The position is also responsible for assisting with/providing information for financial reporting, both internal and external (FERC and SEC).
This is an entry level position with the opportunity to learn Oil and Gas Operational/Revenue accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting processes.
- Recording and analysis of gas revenue accounting and cost of sales transactions.
- Financial statement preparation and review and subsequent internal reporting.
- Maintenance of financial controls.
- Provide information for financial and operational internal and external audits.
- Analyze and monitor new capital spending AFEs.
- Support effective communication and administration of pertinent financial functions.
- Participate in development of financial information systems as needed.
- Interface with all levels of management to support financial responsibilities.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Perform daily accounting functions for operations and ensure compliance with FERC and GAAP accounting.
- Monitor and analyze reports, research variances and provide explanations for variances.
- Ensure effective communication and administration of pertinent financial functions.
- Collaborate, coordinate and ensure compliance with corporate accounting close schedule and reporting deadlines.
- Assist corporate accounting, where necessary, with external audit process as it relates to the Company oil & gas interests.
- Assist in Sarbanes/Oxley 404 compliance as it relates to the Company’s oil & gas interests.
- Participate in the on-going review of internal controls and annual SOX testing.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Understanding the accounting and reporting of transactions involving Natural gas and crude oil transportation.
- Must have a fundamental understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- General understanding and demonstrated ability with computerized accounting systems, financial modeling, budgets, operations analysis, and management reporting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of GAAP and FERC accounting.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Travel to operating locations and regional offices required as needed but minimal.
- Required to carry a cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position):
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP - 7 months ago