Performs professional accounting work. Reconciles accounts, prepares journal entries, inputs time, verifies employment documents, processes payroll, assists other departments, prepares special financial reports and performs other duties as assigned. Works independently or in a group under general supervision of the department’s Director.
A minimum of one year of accounting experience working in a group environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of policies and procedures directly affecting work unit
- Knowledge of fund and budgetary accounting
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems (SunGard Banner System is a plus)
- Skills in analyzing financial data
- Skills in preparing detailed financial reports
- Skills in using computers, calculators, and other related office equipment
- Ability to perform numerical detailed work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to prepare financial and accounting reports in a systematic and legible manner
- Ability to understand and carry out complicated oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to maintain effective work relations
Texas State University-San Marcos is saddled up and ready to rope some graduates. The school has more than 34,000 students pursuing degrees...