Under general supervision and according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), performs professional accounting duties, such as recording financial transactions, preparing standard accounting reports, and providing information to auditors and other third parties. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, analyzing accounting data and transactions to ensure accuracy; reviewing, maintaining, and analyzing information from agency cash and receivable accounts to ensure compliance with administrative procedures; ordering and analyzing PeopleSoft reports; preparing accurate and timely journal vouchers; and providing training and/or technical assistance to agency personnel.; performing other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited college or university OR completion of Bachelor’s Degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one
or more of the following:
• Experience in governmental accounting, specifically cash management and accounts receivable
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Participation in the State Financial Management Certificate Program
• Experience utilizing PeopleSoft General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Cash modules
• Experience with Federal Grants and OTFS draws
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access)
Pay grade 12 – Annual salary range $26,672.14 (minimum) to $46,816.96 (maximum). Hiring salary is based on current employment, relevant education/training, previous work experience, and available funding. Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Georgia Department of Education - 20 months ago