JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports. Updates and reviews monthly account reconciliation. Assists internal and/or external audit process as required. Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met. Completes various accounting functions from invoicing to month end close for numerous contracts. Prepares capital asset request and journal entries and statistical data for the general ledger. Reconciles SBU account to general ledger. Organizes and distribute inter-company billings to appropriate department within the company. Analyzes SBU performance to provide variances for bid, budget and forecast. Creates/coordinates back up data for invoices. Set up, transfers and retires fixed assets for business operations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Provides complex accounting support.
- Posts transactions to various ledgers, journals and registers.
- Reconciles reports discrepancies and problems.
- Reviews accounting transactions for accuracy and completeness verifies against appropriate documentation and forwards for processing.
- Inputs accounting data into computers for tracking, manipulation and reporting purposes.
- Compiles and prepares specialized accounting reports.
- Researches accounting records to assist in the identification and resolution of problems or inadequacies of accounting information.
- Assists in the training and guiding of lower level and new accounting personnel.
- Establishes and maintains department files in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Compiles and prepares specialized reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., excel word, access).
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
- Extensive skill with spreadsheet and database programs.
- Operate a ten key calculator by touch.
- Self-motivating abilities that can meet deadlines.
- Requires supervision for multiple tasks assigned.
- Typically zero (0) to two (2) years experience in an accounting
ALG Solutions does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and ensures that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated degree.
- Two (2) years experience in accounting may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
ALG Solutions, Inc. first established in 1998 mainly as a Web Development firm. With a combined effort of resources, ALG Solutions, Inc. has...