United Guaranty Corporation is seeking an Accountant in our Greensboro, NC office. Recent graduates will be considered.
- Preparation and review of closing of the books of the companies on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participate in implementation of reporting to Federal Reserve.
- Prepare quarterly GAAP basis consolidation of the companies, consulting with AIG Controllers department as appropriate.
- Preparation and review of annual audited Statutory and GAAP financial statements and review of quarterly AIG Standard Internal financial reporting package, filed via electronic consolidation data package.
- Participate in preparation and review of the monthly UGC internal consolidated and segment financial statements.
- Evaluate international reporting procedures for increased efficiencies, and implement revisions as appropriate.
- Review of the annual AIG tax packages for UG companies, and such other information as needed by the AIG Tax department in preparing the Federal and State income tax returns.
- Preparation and review of GAAP and statutory adjustments as may be assigned, on a timely and accurate basis, review of quarterly closing workpapers and account reconciliations for companies as assigned.
- Review of loss reserves calculations on monthly basis.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Minimum education requirement: BA or BS in Accounting. CPA credential preferred.
- Two to three years of relevant experience in GAAP accounting, consolidations, and financial statements.
- Performs varied and complex accounting activities, requiring responsibility, ingenuity and analytic skills.
- Proficient in fundamental and advanced accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in current business software programs.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
Subsidiaries of United Guaranty provide mortgage guaranty insurance throughout the U.S. that protects lenders against mortgage credit losses. In addition, United Guaranty's comprehensive range of financial products and services to lenders and investors includes structured products, innovative pricing options, and comprehensive online support. United Guaranty’s international locations include operations in Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney, London, Madrid, Milan, Budapest, and Mexico City.