The duties and responsibilities are subject to change, accommodating a growing company. The primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule. Responsibilities also include:
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Prepare monthly journal entries as needed
- Analyze monthly expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Provide monthly timesheet audits
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls and procedures
- Assist with financial audits as required by the corporate office
- Assist with tax schedule preparation
- Provide cross-training and backup for Accounts Payable
- Participate in annual financial budgeting and planning process and quarterly financial review preparation.
- Provide support to other duties and assignments of Contracts and Accounting groups as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience
- A solid understanding of GAAP, and a good understanding of government contract accounting and cost accounting
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Previous experience with Deltek Costpoint or PeopleSoft a plus.
US citizenship or US permanent residency required. AER offers a competitive wage and benefit package. AER is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. As a federal contractor, AER welcomes priority referrals of protected veterans.
Please apply online at https://careers.verisk.com/joblist.html.
Atmospheric and Environmental Research (AER) helps businesses and governments better anticipate and manage climate and weather-related risks. Large insurance, energy and investment firms count on AER to help them decrease weather-related losses and increase profitability by integrating state-of-the-art climate science and weather information into their planning and decision processes. Large government agencies like NOAA, NASA and the Departments of Defense and Energy rely on AER’s scientists to help solve weather and climate related problems of vital national importance in energy, environment, national security and climate change. Established in 1977, AER is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts and is a subsidiary of Verisk Analytics. For more information visit www.aer.com .
- 18 months ago - save job