Maintains or oversees the maintenance of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, make general ledger entries, and review/verify accuracy of journal entries. Prepares income statements, balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and other accounting statements and reports. May design, modify, install, and/or maintain general accounting systems which provide records of assets, liabilities, and financial transactions. May establish and communicate accounting policies and procedures.
1. Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual journal entries.
2. Review balance sheet activity for monthly reconciliation.
3. Analyze expense activity to insure proper handling of the transaction.
4. Research and prepare audit analysis schedules.
5. Assist accounting team with proper accounting procedures.
6. Prepare monthly/quarterly sales tax returns.
7. Analyze and process warranty billings and expenses.
8. Maintain diamond network billing module.
9. Process vehicle/non-vehicle fixed asset additions and adjustments.
10. Coordinate establishment/maintenance of ACH A/P, A/R activity.
11. Other duties as assigned or required.
· 1-2 years general accounting with journal entry experience
· BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous Accountant experience.
· Previous JSOX experience.
· Maintains changes in the fixed assets system to comply with the JSOX segregation of duties.
· Prepares external audit schedules and reconciliation of assigned G/L accounts.
· Compiles all the JSOX internal control testing documentation.
· Assists with the preparation of the Stravis forecast schedules for submission to Japan.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of North America - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard