Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Provide professional level accounting support for the general ledger, payroll and other financial systems; analyze and review financial transactions for the preparation of the Annual Financial Report; perform complex financial analysis for various programs within the city and perform a variety of accounting functions relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis. Exception: The nine (9) required credit hours in accounting are not interchangeable.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field to include nine (9) credit hours in accounting, plus three (3) years of professional accounting experience to include one (1) year direct supervisory or technical lead experience in an administrative capacity.
Dependent on position may require a New Mexico Driver's license and a City Operator's Permit (COP).
Essential And Supplemental Functions:
- Advanced principles and techniques of accounting
- Principles and practices of governmental accounting
- Basic principles of contract compliance monitoring
- Methods and techniques of research, analysis and report preparation
- Principles of payroll processing, accounting, and regulatory reporting
- Maintain a variety of financial records and files
- Accurately tabulate, record, and balance assigned transactions
- Operate a variety of computerized equipment including various software and mainframe programs
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work