Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field.
Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions, based in Houston, is looking for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the oil and gas market.
Responsibilities and tasks
Performs work for the SLS department and their project management team. This is a dual role that will support Operations and Project Management. This role may perform additional job duties as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the SLS Controller.
1. Acts as the backup to the billing coordinator and the ongoing development of Billing procedures and processes to maximize the benefits of SAP for the company and our customers.
2. Assists in the month end reporting through the use of company and corporate financial reporting systems and through the production of business reports, so that timely and accurate management information is available to interested parties.
3. Provides a point of contact from the Finance Team to the Project Management team for the resolution of all routine financial issues as they relate to job costing.
4. Assists the business controller in the preparation and completion of the annual budget and quarterly financial forecast.
5. Establishes and maintains a variety of files and records within SAP as they relate to pricing, rates, and customer profiles.
6. Carries out ad hoc analysis and reporting as required to provide relevant and accurate information to the business controller and VP of business unit.
7. Coordinates some office functions with other departments.
8. Communicates appropriately and effectively with clients, project team members and external suppliers.
9. Independently manage tasks and time in an efficient manner
Qualifications & personal attributes
1. Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
2. Experience in invoicing in an ERP environment preferred.
3. Experience of 3 plus years in accounting or finance required and or equivalent experience.
4. Experience in cost accounting as it relates to job costing and forecasting.
5. Good knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation; office practices, procedures, and documents.
6. Ability to create and maintain presentations and reports
7. Strong organizational skills
8. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
9. Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future •An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues •Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions - 17 months ago
- 1 day ago
- 7 days ago
Gilbane Building Company
Gilbane Building Company
- 4 hours ago
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The...