We have an immediate opening for an Accountant II to provide timely and accurate accounting for CenturyLink's deregulated activities. The objective is to ensure that all revenues and expenses are properly recorded to the correct customer, product line and segment and to accurately maintain accounts on the deregulated company's balance sheets through reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger. The Accountant II also includes making journal entries, providing variance explanations as well as various reports/analysis for management and marketing on the deregulated entities performance.
- Research/analyze deregulated projects by customer product line and segment to determine when the project is ready to be closed.
- Prepare monthly journal entries with supporting schedules and worksheets for revenue and expenses.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts assigned.
- Run SAP, Web Focus, Ensemble, NIBS, and RDS reports as needed to fill information requests.
- Research's, analyzes and explains variances on revenues, cost of service or operating expenses on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of two years of Accounting experience or one year experience with a Master's degree in Accounting.
- Proficient working knowledge of personal computers, terminal operations and spreadsheet software.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Goal and detail oriented.
- Self motivated with the ability to set priorities and complete projects.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- 2 years ago - save job