Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
This Houston based position is within the Internal Controls and Compliance group. The Internal Controls & Compliance group coordinates with all Finance and Accounting departments to ensure appropriate controls and security requirements have been identified to address risk within accounting and finance processes. The role requires working with finance management and personnel at various levels and take into consideration US GAAP, SEC guidance, industry best practices, changing business activities and climate, as well as emerging accounting standards (including IFRS). Career path for this individual may be within the areas of financial reporting, E&P accounting, corporate accounting, treasury, financial systems implementation, audit services, etc.
This position is an integral part of the Company’s controls and security resources will work on a regular basis with subject matter experts across multiple business disciplines, systems implementation project teams, information technology security administrators , audit services and external auditors.
• Education - Accounting Degree
• Broad exposure to the industry and oil & gas accounting
• ICFR experience
• CPA, CPA eligible, CIA or graduate degree is a plus
• Public accounting experience is a plus
• IT training, education, or project experience is a plus
• Proven ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to interact well within a team environment, as well as the ability to manage people and projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Desire to be a long-term player within a dynamic company
• 2-4years of accounting or audit experience
• Limited travel may be required
• Reporting to the Manager of Internal Controls & Compliance in Houston, Texas
SouthWestern Energy Company - 18 months ago