GENERAL FUNCTION: Assumes a shared responsibility and accountability for developing and maintaining accurate and detailed accounting records and responsible for preparing financial statements and reports. Review, monitor, reconcile and report on all accounts for the department. Plays an active role in the month end closing duties and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accurately maintains all assigned accounting records and performs all related accounting functions.
• Preparation of daily entries and monitoring of accounts. Maintains account balances.
• Identifies opportunities to improve the accounting processes and plays a key role in the integration of new accounting systems.
•Ensures compliance with accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Reconciliation and resolution of outages from complex accounts.
• Coordinates month end accounting activities with other departments.
• Ensures that all accounting entries and reports are completed on a timely and accurate basis.
•Ensures completeness and accuracy of all account reconciliations.
•Ensures that all entries are made in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate business relationships with internal and external customers.
• Participates in cross training programs and backup planning.
• Assists in the preparation of various financial statements and monthly reporting.
• Responds to inquiries from management, auditors and other authorities regarding the accounting issues, data in reports and financial statements, policies, and procedures.
• Responsible for assisting in performing various special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
• Certification: None Required, CPA Preferred.
• Experience: Years – 1-3 years of accounting related experience. Managerial – None required.
• Computer/Technical: Oracle experience preferred. Intermediate or advanced skills in Excel and Access. Working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint. Demonstrate ability to learn and understand new systems and processes, including mainframe systems.
• Other Skills: Excellent communications, organization, follow up skills; Excellent people/relationship building skills.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
• Extended viewing of CRT screen.
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...