Veolia Environnement is the only company in the world that offers the full range of services essential to the environment. Our 312,000 employees provide businesses and communities with sustainable, high-performance services in three core areas: water services and technologies, environmental services, and energy and facility management.
At our Shared Service Center (SSC) and business unit levels, the Accountant II is responsible for performing professional accounting duties in support of various accounting functions. They will assist with the completion of the month-end close and ensure accuracy in accordance with IFRS and GAAP standards.
· Complete month-end close and perform variance analyses for multiple operating facilities to ensure accuracy.
· Create journal entries and maintain proper supporting documentation.
· Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly, and maintain a monthly close binder.
· Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts.
· Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
· Must possess strong telephone etiquette.
· Must have strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and financial systems.
· Must have ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments.
· Must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
· Must have the ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions.
· Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
· Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
· 2-3 years of related work experience
· Detail oriented
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to organize and manage varying tasks
· Ability to work autonomously
Veolia Environmental Services - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -