Responsible for preparation of client's journal entries in Cost Point and People Soft. This includes analyzing and compiling information in order to provide timely and accurate monthly reporting to management and the company.
Prepare journal entries relating to accounts receivable, cash receipts, fixed assets and normal general ledger activity. Will assist two other accountants to ensure accurate financial data is recorded.
Assist with monthly general ledger reconciliations. Must be able to compile and understand data supporting entries so as to explain data to company personnel and internal and external auditors using Cost Point and other information systems.
Assist with maintenance and control of all supporting systems and sub-ledgers to ensure balances are accurate. This will include fixed assets, cash receipts, accounts payable, payroll data and accounts receivable.
Assist with updating ISO procedures to ensure the status is current.
Research and respond to inquiries or requests for any financial or accounting related requests. Demonstrate strong communication skills verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting or 2 to 4 years of related business
experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Basic understanding of Accounting principals and procedures
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Good working skills with computers and related software
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working experience with Microsoft Access databases
Visual Solutions Inc., a nationally recognized, robust Staff Augmentation and Information Technology (IT) solutions provider, provides training, enterprise level consulting and information technology support specializing in services for federal and state Government agencies and commercial clients. Since 1995, VSI has consistently delivered excellence and expertise in the latest technology solutions to many Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies, the military, and educational institutions. Our corporate headquarters are in Jacksonville, Florida with nationwide service locations.
- Familiarity with General Ledger and sub ledger systems
- Account reconciliation familiarity
- Effective communication skills desired
- Ability to work with multiple levels of management
- Deltek Cost Point experience preferred
If this position appeals to you, send your resume to:
Visual Solutions Inc.
Visual Solutions Inc. - 15 months ago
Focus on Excellence
VSI was founded in 1995 to provide robust IT solutions to companies ranging from small businesses to...