GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: The successful candidate is responsible for supervising two accountants completing the accounting, month end close, and account reconciliations for the regional office and non-operating entities. Compiling and submitting budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis for the regional office; cash management and monitoring bank accounts for the region. Assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable. Providing back-up support and assistance to the Corporate accounting. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required. Master’s degree in accounting and CPA certification a plus.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting required.
• Understanding of GAAP and financial analysis/reporting requirements required.
• Awareness of business law and general management principles required.
• Understanding of planning and budgeting process, internal controls and management reporting preferred.
• Understanding of PC operations (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) required.
• Exceptional personal integrity, ethics and trust required.
• Ability to be organized, efficient, analytical, and to pay close attention to detail required.
• Excellent team player with the ability to work with the North America Regional office, Toronto Corporate office, accounting and other departments, operating business units, and other cross-functional teams.
• Ability to be self motivated, flexible, and able to organize and respond to multiple demands and priorities required.
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Barrick Gold Corporation - 11 months ago