• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts as assigned by the Assistant Comptroller.
• Analyze certain funds and expense accounts as assigned.
• Reconciliation of Federal and State Financial Aid disbursements.
• Reconciliation and tracking of Third Party Billing in the Bursar Office.
• Assist with Accounts Payable as needed.
• Assist with document management.
• Assist with other departmental duties
• Special projects as necessary for the Comptroller.
For further job description please go to http://www.mass.edu/forinstitutions/humanresources/classspecshrd.asp
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with at least three years of solid accounting experience in accounts analysis and reconciliations is preferred. In lieu of the Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of an Associate degree in accounting with five to seven years of solid accounting experience. The following skill sets are highly desired:
• Must be analytical and able to reconcile general ledger accounts assigned.
• Proficient with Access and Advanced Excel software to create and develop reports as requested by the Assistant Comptroller and Comptroller.
• Banner and Evisions knowledge a plus.
• Must be able to work both independently and within a team.
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week (FT benefitted position)
Salary: $836.27 weekly. AFSCME Union position, Grade 18-Step 1
Closing: February 28, 2013
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin in its education programs or employment pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 151B and 151C, Title VI, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Americans with Disabilities Act, and regulations promulgated thereunder, 34 C.F.R. Part 100 (Title VI), Part 106 (Title IX) and Part 104 (Section 504). All inquiries concerning application of the above should be directed to the College’s Executive Officer for Institutional Diversity and Affirmative Action Officer, Joyce Zymaris, Brockton Campus, Administration Building A234, 508-588-9100, ext. 1304.
A resume is required to apply for this position.
Massasoit Community College - 21 months ago