This position is responsible for the monitoring, oversight, and guidance related to internal control, financial stability, and fiscal responsibility of the Children's Service Fund funded service providers.
Examples of Duties:
- Reviews and approves agency billings for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Monitors agency financial performance and internal control measures.
- Reviews agency applications for financial funding and prepares recommendations for funding.
- Completes rate analysis for mental health and substance abuse services purchased.
- Conducts agency rate audits.
- Prepares account analysis.
- Assits in annual internal and external audits of the Children's Service Fund.
- Develops financial reports as necessary.
- Assists in preparation with Children's Service Fund budget and Annual Report.
- Performs related work as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field and a minimum of two years of related experience.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT : A selection committee will evaluate the qualifications of each applicant which will include recentness and appropriateness of the applicant's education and experience, answers to the supplemental questions, results of employment references investigated and any other appropriate information available.
The selection committee will admit to the interview only those persons who possess the most job related qualifications and may establish admittance criteria beyond the minimum qualifications stated above. The interview will comprise 100% of the applicant's earned grade. A candidate must earn a qualifying grade of 70 or more on the interview to be eligible for appointment.
The five top ranking candidates, based on the final grade, will be certified to the Department Director/Appointing Authority who will make the final decision.
All applicants conditionally offered a permanent part time, full time, term or on-call position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Screening will be performed by a reputable clinical laboratory. The cost of screening will be bourne by the County.
HOW TO APPLY : Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website at www.stlouisco.com/personnel/jobsearch or apply in person at St. Louis County Government, Division of Personnel located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY : The policy of the Civil Service Commission of St. Louis County is to support fair and equitable employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability/handicap condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans' status or political affiliation. Call the Division of Personnel at (314) 615-5429 for more information on this policy.
St. Louis County
Division of Personnel, 7th Floor
Clayton, MO 63105
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Hearing Impaired TTY: (314) 615-5889
Job Opportunity Hotline: (314) 615-JOBS
Fax: (314) 615-7703
St. Louis County, MO - 10 months ago