American Modern Insurance Group (American Modern) is a widely recognized, national leader in the specialty insurance business home-based in suburban Cincinnati, OH. With more than 48 years of experience in the manufactured housing insurance sector, the company delivers specialized products and services for residential property, like mobile homes and specialty dwellings, as well as for consumers in the recreational market, including owners of boats, personal watercraft, classic cars, motorcycles and snowmobiles. In addition, the company provides collateral protection, mortgage fire and related products and services to protect financial institutions and their customers.
The company is licensed in all 50 states and offers insurance products through a number of property and casualty companies, which serve more than 1.7 million policyholders. It is rated A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company, an independent analyst of the insurance industry and has earned a Top 50 ranking from Ward Financial Group for 14 consecutive years.
American Modern Insurance Group joined Munich Re America and Hartford Steam Boiler as key parts of world reinsurance leader Munich Re’s North American insurance operations in April 2008. Munich Re has approximately 47,000 employees in over 50 locations throughout the world and operates in all lines of insurance. It is among the top 100 companies on Forbes’s Global 2000 list.
Prepare and Analyze financial statements on both an IFRS and Statutory basis including analytic reivews distributed to management & parent company
Maintain compliance with internal controls and monitoring
Prepare and/or review accounting entries including such items as
Research accounting pronouncements and implement appropriate steps to comply with the accounting guidance
- Intercompany transactions with US and International affiliates
- Program Business
- Additional Closing entries to finalize Monthly & Quarterly Reporting to Internal Management & International Parent Company
REQUIRED: Experienced accounting professional with 3 years experience with a large public accounting firm or corporate accounting department
PREFERRED: CPA with 5 years experience with a large public accounting firm or corporate accounting department.
American Modern and Munich Re Group experience/knowledge helpful
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS-
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency with all other Microsoft Office applications (Word)
- Strong Accounting and financial analysis skills
- Strong team orientation, collaborating with co-workers and clients to develop and implement solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Agility and ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Results oriented – demonstrated self-motivation and creativity
- Knowledge of IFRS and Statutory Accounting Standards
- Knowledge of Cognos Reporting Studio and Query Studio
- Knowledge of SAP & SAP BW Reporting tools
REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree with a major in Accounting
PREFERRED: MBA - Finance/Accounting and CPA