Under the general direction/supervision of an Accounting Manager, performs professional and general accounting work independently. Maintains accounting records; prepares and analyzes financial reports; prepares account and bank reconciliations; prepares and enters/uploads budget and adjusting journal entries, assists in the efficiency and effectiveness of Cash Management operations, completes account analysis and compiles reports, performs administrative and general office work, complies with applicable policies and procedures; may also provide training of paraprofessional and clerical personnel.
Examples Of Essential Duties:
· Perform advanced accounting work; request and prepare various accounting reports and journal entries.
· Prepares monthly financial analysis, as well as monthly analysis and reconciliation of all assigned bank accounts.
· Handles Auditors’ requests and prepares audit documentation.
· Principles and practices of governmental accounting.
· Principles and practices of governmental budgeting.
· Principles and practices of related fiscal control functions.
· Principles of computerized financial and management information systems, specifically Oracle financial systems.
· Large Enterprise Resource Planning experience.
· Principles and practices of effective supervision.
· Principles of cash management, banking and investments.
· Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Establishes monthly cash lead sheet for the cash management area
· Researches and analyzes transactions to resolve issues and unreconciled
· Assists in maintaining City’s general ledgers by reviewing, analyzing, and reconciling other balance sheet accounts.
· Provides back-up support for other finance staff and for general work processing, typing and filing as needed.
· Recommends appropriate modifications to the Finance Department’s policies and procedures.
· Coordinates with various Bank employees, Financial Systems staff and the financial system software provider for the ongoing maintenance of the Cash Management Module in the Oracle Financial System.
· Maintains confidentiality of sensitive financial, payroll, and HR related data.
· Follows all City policies and guidelines.
· Performs other related tasks and special projects as required.
· Understand and utilize data processing and specialized accounting operations in developing or revising citywide policies and procedures.
· Evaluate and interpret auditing, statistical, and financial reports/documents.
· Prepare various types of financial/accounting statements, records, and reports.
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, officials and the public.
· Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Use Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, Publisher
· Perform arithmetical and mathematical computations rapidly and accurately.
· Exercise a critical approach to regular routines and make suggestions for improvement.
· Perform highly responsible financial record keeping and clerical work involving use of independent judgment and confidentiality.
· Learn, interpret and apply the procedures, precedents and policies of governmental finance and accounting.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related fields including a minimum of 15 quarter or 10 semester units of accounting course work.
DESIRED EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE
Four years experience as an Accountant II, Staff Accountant, or Senior Accountant level.
Additional work experience in governmental accounting and cash management, banking, revenue, or investment experience, or capital infrastructure financial planning and management.
The City of Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
City of Atlanta, GA - 6 months ago