Rosetta Stone is currently seeking a temporary Accountant. This position will be for 3-5 months, full time hours (40+).
Provides accurate and timely reporting information related to cash, other AR, other AP and debt. Participates in the month end closing process, prepares reconciliations and performs account analysis as required. Interaction will include Treasury, AR, AP, Fixed Assets, Tax and IT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of Account Reconciliations for Cash, Pre-paid, Deposit, Other Asset, and Miscellaneous Accrued Liability balances.
• Preparation of Monthly Journal Entries.
• Maintain monthly account reconciliation binders.
• Prepare account analysis for interest income/expense, rent, long-term and short-term debt.
• Participate in system upgrade and implementation projects.
• Back-up for Inventory and Purchasing month end closing.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge/ability in the following areas is required:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures and routine office supplies and equipment.
• Knowledge of the application of data processing and terminology as it applies to maintaining financial control and accounting records.
• Knowledge of techniques commonly used in locating errors in accounting records.
• Knowledge of generally accepted auditing principles, procedures, and practices.
• Ability to collect and organize accounting data, interpret its significance, and prepare accurate financial reports.
• Ability to present accounting data in a clear and understandable manner to both technical and non-technical users.
• Ability to solve difficult and complex accounting and related financial problems.
• Ability to analyze and recommend improvements in accounting systems.
• Ability to maintain records and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field required. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business strongly preferred.
• 6 months to 1 year experience in General Accounting or related field
• ERP systems experience, Oracle experience a plus
• Aptitude for systems and software
• Intermediate skill with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (i.e., Excel, Word)
• 10-key experience
• Proven ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Rosetta Stone - 20 months ago
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.