JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applies knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports
- Updates and reviews monthly account reconciliation
- Assists internal and/or external audit process as required
- Ensures that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met
- Responsible for contract invoices bi-weekly in accordance with contractual terms.
- Closes monthly by analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries to include company allocations, calculating direct/indirect costs, rates and revenue recognition.
- Analyzes financial statements and contract performance to provide variances for bid, budget and forecast.
- Conducts cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk analysis, and proposal preparation.
- Trains/assists co-workers in software and information systems to support accounting functions.
- Audits accounts payable and payroll for accuracy.
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Ability to analyze billing data within Excel
- Very well organized
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to use the tools provided to identify errors and suggest a solution(s) to fix the error
- Works independently but not afraid to ask questions if they are unable to find an answer on their own
- A team player
- Works well with others
- Ability to communicate effectively via email/phone
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Willing to grow and take on new challenges
- Typically two (2) to three (3) years experience related to accounting.
- Prefer experience with government contract accounting.
ALG Solutions does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and ensures that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin.
- Bachelor's degree in an associated degree.
- Two (2) years experience in accounting may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
ALG Solutions - 2 years ago
ALG Solutions, Inc. first established in 1998 mainly as a Web Development firm. With a combined effort of resources, ALG Solutions, Inc. has...