Advanced Battery Technologies, Inc. is a 13-year-old growing company with an innovative and successful track record. We are in the business of managing power for our industrial customers to assure the lowest cost of operation. Partnered with the largest industrial battery manufacturer in the world, EnerSys, and supported by a tenured and talented management team, we have aggressive growth plans.|
We are seeking people who share our values: Build Trust, Take Ownership, Be a Leader, Deliver Solutions and Exceed Customer Expectations.
This position is primarily responsible for accounts payable, time and expense reports, general ledger account analysis and some accounts receivable. This person should be eager to replace manual work with automation in order to move more into analysis work while reducing data entry. This person needs to have knowledge of how a balance sheet and profit and loss statement work and the ability to create Microsoft Excel worksheets to analyze data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees. Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services. Reconciles vendor accounts and discusses differences with vendors. Prepares accounts payable check selection report. Compiles basic cost/spend analysis.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ASSISTANCE
- Assists with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary.
- Confers with customers by telephone or in person and determines reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
- Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts.
- Prepares invoices, listing items sold, amounts due, credit terms, and dates of shipment.
- Notifies credit department if customer fails to respond.
EXPENSE AND TIME REPORT PROCESSING AND ANALYSIS
- Downloads employee expense report data, reconcile to credit card bill electronically, and follow up with delinquent employees.
- Keys data into employee time keeping data base.
- Pre-audits, verifies, and processes employee expense claims reviewing rules for employee compliance.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
GENERAL LEDGER AND ANALYSIS
- Maintains detailed fixed assets sub ledger.
- Prepares analysis of payables and expense accounts, as required.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Reconciles transactions to automated general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Designs, prepares, and maintains spreadsheets using basic mathematical calculations.
- Explains appropriate work instructions to other employees.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Preparation of management reporting
- Special financial analysis for company projects
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum associate degree, prefer 4 year degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works well with little or no supervision; able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Desirable experience includes:
- Prior experience with QuickBooks
- Strong technology skills with trouble shooting software, computers, or cell phones