JOB TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
Aimia has been around for a long time, but is always changing and pushing new limits. Our relationship-building company was recently recognized on the World’s Top Agency Companies list by Advertising Age . We live off quenching our clients’ thirst for new ideas and direction. We also believe in the power of having fun – it should never be underestimated. It’s how we turn creativity into results. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk, we’d love to hear from you. We think the future looks bright and are seeking a passionate individual who can tap into that excitement.
The Accountant is responsible for performing revenue recognition and invoicing functions as wells as responsible for ensuring accounting transactions are accurately recorded through timely preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, research requiring the application of accounting principles and practices. Works under general supervision on basic to moderately complex accounting activities.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Provides day-to-day maintenance of an accurate ledger.
- Understands and applies billing / revenue accounting processes and practices.
- Assists in the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and other reports on a timely basis.
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely journal entries including monthly accruals for assigned clients, balance sheet reconciliation, P&L inquires research.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies and issues.
- Prepares other ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Prepares special comparative reports and other analysis as requested by management.
- Collects and analyzes new data and updates or creates all necessary files.
- Prepares client invoices and reconciles supplier invoices against budgets.
- Answers account management questions related to client invoices.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Entry level Accounting position; 0-2 years experience
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to make decisions
- Process Thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Knowledge of business communications and accounting principles