Aon Corporation (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human capital solutions and outsourcing. Through its more than 59,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to deliver distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions. Aon's industry-leading global resources and technical expertise are delivered locally in over 120 countries. Named the world's best broker by Euromoney magazine's 2008, 2009 and 2010 Insurance Survey, Aon also ranked highest on Business Insurance's listing of the world's insurance brokers based on commercial retail, wholesale, reinsurance and personal lines brokerage revenues in 2008 and 2009. A.M. Best deemed Aon the number one insurance broker based on revenues in 2007, 2008 and 2009, and Aon was voted best insurance intermediary 2007-2010, best reinsurance intermediary 2006-2010, best captives manager 2009-2010, and best employee benefits consulting firm 2007-2009 by the readers of Business Insurance. Visit http://www.aon.com for more information on Aon and http://www.aon.com/unitedin2010 to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an opening for an Accountant – Shared Services in our Chicago Loop office:
Position Summary; Prepares financial information and reports to provide accurate and useful information to management for review and decision-making. Function as lead technical expert as it relates to areas of responsibility within the Shared Services organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and variance analysis
* Communicate and follow up with business partners to ensure that open/outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner
* Drive efficiency and continuous improvement in the balance sheet reconciliation process
* Prepare and analyze quarterly balance sheet exhibits
* Participate in the monthly close process, including maintaining the general ledger by gathering entries, posting entries, and reviewing entries made for the various businesses reporting via Shared Services
* Collaborate with the business partner’s to ensure appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP, Tax and management reporting
* Collaborate with global affiliates to manage the intercompany reconciliation process
* Administer all support for the intercompany database system including the training of new users and maintenance of global entries
* Liaison with the third party administrator to maintain and record all benefit accounting for the US
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA Certification preferred
* One to three years of progressive accounting experience.
* Strong analytic skills and ability to build a reconciliation and perform an analytical review over the balance sheet
* Demonstrates ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Desire to master multiple accounting, consolidation, and reconciliation systems: accounting (PeopleSoft), Consolidation (HFM), Account Reconciliation (Trintech, Backline)
* Strong Excel skills – Vlookups, pivot tables, data management and manipulation.
* High level of accountability, ownership and results driven
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to problem solve and resolve issues independently
* Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, testing, and review
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Chicago, Illinois United States
Chicago, IL United States
Aon recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) amplifies talent acquisition results. Our expertise combines innovative recruitment practices and...