Aspen Technology, Inc. provides industry-leading software and professional services that help process companies improve efficiency and profitability by enabling them to model, manage and control their operations. Over 1,500 leading companies already rely on AspenTech's software, including Bayer, BASF, BP, Chevron Corporation, DuPont, ExxonMobil, Fluor, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi-Aventis, Shell, and Total. For more information, visit www.aspentech.com .
This position entails being a member of a team tasked with accounting for the Company’s domestic and Latin American operations with primary responsibility for assigned balance sheet accounts, as well as the related PL impacts. Assigned accounts will include certain prepaid expenses and cost accruals including agent commissions to business partners, amongst others. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact with various departments and build relationships.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP accounting standards
- Prepare and assist with reconciliations for assigned accounts
- Work with the partner sales team to ensure agent commission payments are timely and accurate and prepare updates as to payment status
- Journal entry preparation and entry as required
- Ensure compliance with all related SOX control requirements
- Complete ad-hoc projects at the request of management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- 3+ years of relevant GL accounting experience required
- Strong mathematical and accounting skills
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills required; Oracle or related ERP experience preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Good analytical and quantitative skills
Aspen Technology is an affirmation action, equal opportunity employer.
Aspen Technology - 15 months ago