Line of Business: FG-Acctg & Financial Rptg Group
Job Category: Administrative Support Workers
1. Professional designation (or candidate for designation) as a CPA
2. Five years of relevant accounting and/or industry-related
3. One to three years of financial institution
4. Specific industry-related knowledge, licenses,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned
below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Prepare or review journal entries, purchase orders or vendor
payments and monitor assigned account activity to accurately record the
company?s financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP) and internal accounting policies. Compile and
maintain necessary supporting documentation.
2. Prepare or review assigned general ledger account
reconciliations in accordance with corporate reconcilement policies and
standards. Research and resolve items as necessary. Maintain necessary
3. Prepare and maintain documentation of accounting processes and
procedures. Analyze business and accounting processes for control refinements as
products, processes, GAAP, regulatory reporting requirements or corporate
4. Coordinate certain accounting and reporting process workflow
within the team. Provide guidance to, and review and approve work of, other team
members as appropriate.
5. Prepare and interpret reports related to various aspects of the
company?s production and financial performance. Prepare variance analysis
reports and explanations for assigned general ledger reports. Respond to
inquiries and provide analysis of financial information.
6. Maintain corporate and/or subsidiary accounting systems and
sub-ledgers which may range from simple spreadsheets to more complex
7. Assist in the training of new employees, current employees in
cross-training efforts and/or other line of business personnel as
8. Communicate with all levels of the organization regarding the
financial and internal control performance of assigned area(s) of
9. Maintain a working knowledge of GAAP.
10. Prepare and submit accurate and timely management, regulatory
and financial schedules and/or reports as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
1. Bachelor?s degree in accounting or equivalent education and
2. Three years of relevant accounting and/or industry-related
3. Good interpersonal skills
4. Demonstrated organizational and leadership
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making
7. Ability to work independently to meet established deadlines and
as a productive member of a team
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as
Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis in spreadsheets, word processing and
9. Working knowledge of GAAP
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...