Posting Title |
5500 Cenex Drive
Inver Grove Heights
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Energy Accounting group for an Accountant . This position has responsibilities within Refined Fuels, Renewable Fuels Marketing (RFM), and Propane accounting. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication & persuasion skills , both verbal and written, strong analytical and organizational skills. You must have the ability to prioritize, solve problems, work independently and in a team environment and be self-driven.
- Research, identify and resolve discrepancies in the physical inventory & inventory system, ensuring accurate and complete inventory reporting.
- Reiterate with exchange partners the necessity and importance of maintaining timely and accurate exchange inventories.
- Resolve material inventory/exchange discrepancies before month end close.
- Examine Renewable Fuels Marketing (RFM) activity, identifying discrepancies, providing resolution ensuring accurate customer billing and plant payments.
- Track inventory at storage locations, ensuring quantities reflect the physical inventory and values are accurate.
- Complete month-end journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Handle monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Assist in preparation of financial recaps.
- Prepare accurate reports for distribution to appropriate team members and/or management.
- Act as a resource to developers & analysts where it relates to cost, exchange and inventory processes.
- Assist with financial & accounting projects making appropriate judgments where necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 2-5 years cost accounting experience
- Knowledge of;
- Financial transactions pertaining to revenue, inventory costing, and gross margin analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
- Extensive experience with ERP systems, experience with JDE 9.0 is a plus.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 7 months ago
Saint Paul, MN
- 6 days ago
Land O 'Lakes, Inc.
Arden Hills, MN
Land O 'Lakes, Inc.
- 22 hours ago
- 7 days ago
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...