Posting Title |
5500 Cenex Drive
Inver Grove Heights
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Corporate Accounting Division. We are looking for an Accountant to reviewing financial statements, reconciling accounts, working with other employees (internally and externally). You must be able to make decisions, prioritize tasks, able to work with cutoffs and work independently.
- Perform all required steps to attest the accuracy and timeliness of month financial statements and management reports for the assigned locations.
- Perform all required steps to attest the accuracy and timeliness of monthly financial statements.
- Review and process inter-division memos with other CHS Inc. divisions.
- Ensure the daily inventory transactions are accurate and posted at the correct costs for all CHS Nutrition locations.
- Close inventory at month end and post necessary entries for Nutrition locations.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and monthly inventory cut-offs for Nutrition locations.
- Process weekly check runs for the Nutrition locations.
- Conduct daily journal entries for cash envelope deposits.
- Pay and code invoices for New Generation transactions.
- Setup codes for new Feed products and vendors for the Nutrition locations.
- Assist in preparation and verifying auditor schedules for fiscal yearend audit process and provide support to division management in the completed of the yearly audit.
- Work with local management to get accurate information and prepare month Ingredient to Market adjustment for location
- Perform annual SOX audits.
- Assist with various projects as needed.
Provide backup for Accounting Manager and other divisional accountants.
- 4 year degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Knowledgeable in Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Experienced and efficient with MS Word & Excel
- Experience with Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Previous experience working with daily deadlines, month-end, quarter end, and year end reports.
- Domestic travel, less than 20% required.
CHS offers a Competitive Salary. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
- AS/400 and/or JD Edwards general ledger experience
- 1-3 years accounting experience
CHS Inc. is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from the Canadian border to Texas. CHS Inc. is an EEO employer.
CHS Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
CHS Inc. is the nation’s leading cooperative, owned by farmers, ranchers and co-ops across the United States. A diversified global...