Reports to : Contract Accounting Manager
Available Openings : One
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Position Closes : Open until filled
Salary : Commensurate with experience
Job Number: 2013-10-San Diego-009N
The Accountant will work under the general supervision of the Contract Accounting Manager while working closely with the Accounts Payable Accountant and program managers to ensure that program incentives are paid accurately in a timely and efficient manner and assist with organization’s accounts payable process. The program incentives require high volume check runs. This position requires strong attention to detail, high organization skills and prioritizing abilities. The Accountant must be able to manage their workload and schedule to ensure that incentive payments meet program requirements and goals.
Essential Functions and responsibilities
Duties are illustrative and may vary with individual assignment. Other duties may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and key competencies:
- Process accounts payable and ACH payments, including high volume check runs for rebates and incentives
- Process cash receipts and accounts receivable invoices
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Provide internal customer service to program staff
- Maintain paper and electronic schedules and filing systems
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Intermediate computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software
- Strong service orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- A minimum of three years accounts payable/accounts receivable experience demonstrating increasingly responsibility
- Bachelor degree in accounting is preferred
Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Sage 100 a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download and fill the CCSE Application for Employment Form
Please send a resume, application and cover letter along with salary history via e-mail to email@example.com .
- Employee will work in an office environment and must possess the physical abilities to utilize standard office equipment: computer, telephone, copier etc.
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- May work some evenings and weekends or work longer hours to meet deadlines.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment, or shift.
- Sitting for extended periods of time while at a desk or in meetings; hearing and visual acuity within normal range; manual dexterity to operate keyboard and calculator
- Some positions require the use of personal or CCSE vehicles on CCSE business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for CCSE business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized
California Center for Sustainable Energy - 6 months ago
CCSE is an independent, nonprofit organization that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions throughout California....