California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Accountant prepares managerial reports, financial statements and audit schedules for benefit plans, and analyzes data and business processes. Other duties include preparing fiscal yearend closing entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepares complex managerial reports, including cash basis reports and related reconciliations.
- Prepares and analyzes reports related to benefit plans
- Performs account reconciliations and analysis. Independently identifies, investigates and resolves variances, often working collaboratively with multiple Institute teams.
- Ensures the accurate recording and reporting of financial information.
- Performs research and analysis as well as ad hoc reporting and makes recommendations for appropriate resulting actions
- Creates and maintains procedure documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related business field with at least 3 years experience in accounting.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, detail-oriented and thorough work habits.
- Ability to work with a high degree of detail and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines, while providing an accurate work product.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand business processes and identify and create improvements toward greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to learn and apply available tools and procedures.
- Ability to document procedures.
- Flexibility in dealing with changes in approach, deliverables, and schedule.
- Experience with MS Office programs, particularly Excel, and understanding of accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Experience with Oracle and Cognos.
- Experience with Excel advanced functions, including pivot tables.
- Previous experience with benefit plan reporting.
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency