Responsible for performing professional accounting work that requires the application of accounting theories, concepts, principles and standards to the financial activities in accordance with internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Work involves performing various routine to intermediate-level accounting transactions for the financial reporting and other entities as assigned, including month-end and year-end accounting close, variance review, financial statement audits, tax reporting, and special projects.
1. Ensures responsibility for the management of accounts payable, invoice verification, bill payment, GL posting and revenue posting and reconciliation.
2. Completes the overall GL reconciliation process.
3. Manages preparation of various financial statements for the clinic and as related to contractual arrangements.
4. Ensures responsibility for various auditing processes, as requested, to include bank statements reconciliation process, petty cash balancing, and collected cash process as defined within related
5. Maintains various records, logs, books as directed.
6. Participates in educational activities and programs as required.
7. Performs special accounting-related projects as assigned.
Other: Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
Three years of progressively responsible related work experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
An equivalent combination of additional qualifying work experience and education may be substituted for three years of the degree requirement.
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
ND-Devils Lake-Mercy Hospital
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 21 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...