Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to provide advice.
Comprehend chart of accounts and code entries to proper accounts.
Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
Prepare analysis of expenditures and monthly report of operations.
Operate manually, electrically, and /or electronically controlled standard office equipment.
Provide information to other employees and/or the public.
Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Knowledge of professional accounting principles, theories, concepts and terms.
- Considerable knowledge of spreadsheets, database software and the automated accounting system used in the department.
- Knowledge of the structure, policies and operating details of the accounting system or segment thereof for which responsible.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of specialized procedures and subject matter encountered in specific assignments.
- Ability to classify accounting transactions, maintain and reconcile accounts, close accounts and prepare reports and statements.
Education & Work Experience Required:
- Ability to display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently. Works with minimal supervision. Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions. Aligns behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the department and organization.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Accounting or Finance Degree or 1-5 years professional experience.
Chesapeake Energy - 17 months ago
Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK) is the second-largest producer of natural gas and the 10th largest producer of oil and natural gas...