We're looking for a qualified accountant to work for a leading, innovative healthcare solutions company dedicated to providing affordable, accessible services while maintaining a personal connection for patients.
The Accountant's responsibilities will include a variety of general, cash management / treasury or cost accounting activities and functions such as financial statement preparation, account, bank and report reconciliations and analysis, development of desktop procedures, and participation in the development, maintenance and analysis of Company budgets, forecasts, cost data and operating plans.
QUALIFICATIONS and TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- Based on area of expertise, demonstrated application of accounting knowledge in the following areas:
- Financial Reporting and General Accounting: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) for Health Care Service Contractors and Health Maintenance Organizations as promulgated by the NAIC
- Cost Accounting: Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); GAAP and SAP
- Government Accounting: FEHBAR, FAR, CAS, GAAP
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- PeopleSoft a plus
- Thorough knowledge of PC and mainframe software and systems
- Ability to think analytically and to make sound judgments from analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels in the work force
- Ability to plan and organize own work
- Ability to work flexible hours during periods of heavy workloads
This contract position is expected to be 12 months in duration.
- Prepares required monthly journal entries on a timely basis.
- Prepares major sections of monthly corporate and subsidiary financial statements (both GAAP and Statutory) by ensuring accurate and timely data entry of financial information from various system and manual sources. Reviews system reports for accuracy with appropriate departments.
- Maintains and reconciles various balance sheet accounts (FEP, Medicare, ITS, Membership billing & reconciliation system, etc.) on a timely basis and ensures their accuracy by preparing all necessary documentation for reconciling journal entries, including recommendations for process improvement. Coordinate with other Plans and departments as necessary.
- Provides internal and external auditors with consolidated reconciliations, schedules and adjustments necessary to complete the annual audit. Investigates any unusual transactions or activities. Coordinates with other departments to resolve inaccuracies.
- Prepares ad-hoc analyses as requested.
- Maintains allocation tables within the cost accounting system using information such as labor distribution, organization structure, space, line of business distribution, workload and any other statistical data as necessary. Will be required to review and validate information with operating departments throughout the organization.
- Prepares and analyzes administrative cost and budget reports, including the investigation of budget variances, at various levels such as department, division, line of business, and department and activity categories.
- Participates in TRG fixed asset accounting activities such as the following: prepares interplan journal entries, maintains account reconciliations maintains / coordinates interface and reporting, assists in determining accounting treatment of unusual transactions and assists plan fixed asset accountants.
- Performs analysis on cost trends and allocations; proposes and implements updates to allocation tables as appropriate.
- In support of other staff, will cross-train on a variety of jobs to provide back-up capabilities.
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...