Responsible for handling the majority of general ledger accounting at Cray. This includes the intercompany accounting process between Cray, Inc. and its many subsidiaries.
This position is responsible for understanding and complying with Cray internal controls
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
· Responsibility for the general ledger accounting to complete our monthly and quarterly close processes.
· Responsible for Intercompany accounting for Cray, Inc. and our subsidiaries
· Reconcile GL accounts
· Provide key schedules for our financial reporting (10-K, 10-Q, etc.)
· Prepaid accounting ownership
· Manage the Chart of Accounts for all companies
· Design and implement effective internal controls
· Work closely with other business groups to properly record accounting entries Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and/or Experience :
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
· Five years of accounting experience
· Intercompany experience preferred
· Experience in the technology industry preferred
· Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP
· Previous experience in a JDE environment highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Cray is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
- Accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to be an effective problem solver and strategic thinker with strong investigative and analytical skills
· Ability to identify process problems and, through personal initiative, create improvements
· Superior communication, writing, organization, time-management and multi-tasking skills
· Advanced Excel skills
· Knowledge of JD Edwards and other reporting applications
· Multi-geo environment requires strong communication skills and ability to build positive working relationships and mutually beneficial solutions
· Desire to grow and expand abilities
· Work well within a team environment
· Exceptional ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding office environment, and maintain a professional manner while working under pressure
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....