Summary: This individual will fill a key role within the accounting group. The position will support various aspects of finance and accounting for the company. The position requires solid accounting experience combined with strong analytical skills. The candidate will fit well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, focused individuals with ever increasing responsibility and challenge. The candidate will need to possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and the ability to work with others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary per the Corporation.
• Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies
• Assist with the month-end and year-end closing process
• Analyze company financial statements for accuracy and clarity
• Assure corporate sales and use tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of sales and use tax returns in multiple states
• Special project assistance to the Corporate Controller
• Respond to Corporate Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate report needs
• Participate is a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Conform with and abide by all regulation, policies, work procedures, and instructions
• Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment
• Specialize in all areas of payroll including processes and regulatory compliance
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Qualification Requirements: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualification requirements:
Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge
Payroll and Banking knowledge
Very computer friendly—spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software)
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
CPA certification or CMA license preferred.
2-3 years experience in all aspects of accounting
Exceptional communication skills
Proficient knowledge of Excel, problem solving and analytical skills required
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CMA license preferred. Must have 2-3 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
CPA or CMA preferred.
To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional (especially Excel), Spreadsheet software, Database software and Microsoft Great Plains
Data Dimensions - 21 months ago
Data Dimensions, Inc., an international information technology (IT) services company, was founded in 1968. By combining comprehensive QA...