The Staff Accountant is responsible for various accounting processes including preparing journal entries, preparing reports, reviewing and analyzing data and preparing variance analyses. The Staff Accountant will handle a variety of accounting tasks within the department and work as a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs detailed monthly reviews and account analysis of various balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for the reconciliation, analysis and problem solving for a variety of processes and accounts in the department.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions for improvements and efficiencies related to assigned processes and accounts.
- Works with campus personnel to prepare a monthly analysis of operating results.
- Assists with the accounting and reporting integration of new businesses.
- Manages policies to ensure accounting for all aspects within accounting and reporting comply with GAAP and SOX and ensure all policies are reviewed and updated.
- Adheres to internal control/compliance policy procedures and has high consciousness/awareness about the Code of Ethics.
- Completes other special projects, tasks and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 1-2 years of accounting related experience necessary, experience in public accounting or with a large firm preferred.
- Must be a team player with the ability to analyze and assess processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills required.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
DeVry, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...