The Accountant position is responsible for providing general ledger support services for the Finance function of Dignity Health Medical Foundation. This position works in a cooperative team environment to provide timely Budget and Financial Reporting to Management and Dignity Health Medical Foundation facilities. This position is responsible for maintaining the financial statement reporting process, general ledger and tax return preparation process. Key functions include ensuring analyses of all balance sheet accounts and other key areas are completed on a monthly basis, providing support for all outside reporting, and preparing special analyses/reports relating to financial statement information. Maintains adequate documentation and support for all monthly financial statement information. Responsible for monthly corporate reporting and board package.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance or commensurate level of experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with general ledger, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entires (1-3 years).
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Hospital or healthcare experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- General database management and computer skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with general ledger software.
- Experience with mainframe general ledger accounting applications desirable.
- Experience with PC applications-Windows, MS Office, and Lotus desirable.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - the fifth largest hospital system in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive healthcare services to the many communities we serve.
As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Dignity Health - 23 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...