provides professional accounting services by preparing, analyzing and processing financial statements, budgets, customer invoices and monthly reports for the company and Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
Knowledge & Skills
- Apply knowledge of accounting principles to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Update and reviews monthly account reconciliation.
- Assist internal and/or external audit process as required.
- Ensure that the internal financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Responsible for contract invoices bi-weekly in accordance with contractual terms.
- Close monthly by analyzing accounts, preparing journal entries to include company allocations, calculating direct/indirect costs, rates and revenue recognition.
- Analyze financial statements and contract performance to provide variances for bid, budget and forecast.
- Conduct cost, schedule, contract performance, variance and risk analysis, and proposal preparation.
- Train/assist co-workers in software and information systems to support accounting functions.
- Audit accounts payable and payroll for accuracy.
- Coordinate with the site staff to support accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other specific requirements.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Experience & Education
- Knowledge of accounting that includes spreadsheets and relational data base programs for data processing techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and General Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, or associated discipline from an accredited university.
- Two (2+) plus years of experience in financial analysis or accounting.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- Experience with government contract accounting, preferred.
- Generally works in a normal office environment.
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).