The E.W. Scripps Company is looking for an Accountant to provide support to general accounting functions, subject matter expertise to outsource partners, and backup and bandwidth to retained payment processing organization.
Education and Experience/Certifications
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations, standard journal entries,and monthly divisional reports per policy.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly packets prepared for consolidation.
- Resolve issues with outsource provider. Provide data to provider as needed to enable work to be completed.
- Assist with standardizing accounting and workflow processes.
- Assist with transitioning work to outsource provider.
- Provide guidance to outsource provider and business units on policy and processes.
- Resolve/investigate business unit questions; provide support to director and senior managers in resolving issues.
- Assist director and senior manager with special projects.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years cumulative experience including general accounting; account reconciliation, journal entries, fixed assets, and report generation required. Media industry experience a plus.
- Well-honed problem-solving skills.
- Proven flexibility, initiative and self-reliance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to interact with various levels of staff and management.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required; use of advanced functions such as macros a plus.
- Ability to work longer hours during monthly close.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar financial software is preferred.
E. W. Scripps Company - 23 months ago