**Please submit a Cover Letter & Resume for immediate consideration.**
Position is for a full-time (37.5 hrs/week) Accountant to work in the Corporate Offices of EAH Housing in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent academic training. Must have 2+ years of experience in payroll accounting preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, accounting and payroll software programs. Yardi Voyager and Ultipro Systems experience a plus. Position pays $20.20/hr to $25.80/hr DOE.
EAH Housing has been Developing, Managing and Promoting Affordable Housing since 1968. We have become one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States.
With a staff of over 405, EAH develops low-income housing, manages 102 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
Provides corporate accounting work in the area of payroll accounting, including corporate general ledger maintenance of all payroll-related transactions, reconciliation of payroll-related accounts, and the monthly auditing of financial transactions. The Payroll Accountant reports directly to the Controller and is expected to work closely with Human Resource personnel.
• Maintains, reviews and reconciles payroll general ledger and related accounts.
• Researches, analyzes and resolves issues and discrepancies in payroll accounts.
• Assists in developing reporting processes, procedures, and internal controls for the purpose of improving the accuracy and efficiency of financial reporting.
• Cross trains with Property Accounts Payable clerks, Financial Accountants, and Human Resources Service Manager, as needed.
• Participates in the ongoing development and improvement of payroll financial systems.
• Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
• Actively participates in required training.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent academic training. Must have at least 2 years of payroll accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit affordable housing environment. Computer proficiency skills in Microsoft Office applications, accounting and payroll software. Yardi Voyager and Ultipro systems a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH - 18 months ago