Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives.
Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
We are a national, nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
We have an opportunity for an Accountant to join our Finance Team .
Reconciles various balance sheet accounts on a daily or monthly basis.
Prepares month end accruals and assists with monthly closing process.
Closely monitors and records daily cash balances of all bank accounts.
Records In house and lockbox deposits.
Maintains loan amortization schedules.
Completes Finance surveys, as requested.
Researches and corrects accounting errors or discrepancies to ensure accurate reporting at month end.
Performs back up duties for various finance functions.
Assists with year-end audit and preparation of schedules.
Works on special projects as assigned throughout the year.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related business degree
- 2 years of full time accounting experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented, an independent worker with excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Must have the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with enterprise wide computer application a plus.
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger
Feeding America - 22 months ago