Staff Accountant - Backup Withholding IRS 1099k/6050w Compliance
This position supports the IRS 1099k initiative surrounding the development and testing of backup withholding and remittance systems and procedures relating to the company payment settlement activities. The position will determine and initiate backup withholding and IRS remittance, prepare related journal entries, perform payment research, cash and liability account reconciliation activity support and perform daily reconciliation of payment information to various systems.
We are seeking a responsible individual with proven job ownership skills, to be a key team member with our newly formed department. The successful candidate will have accounting or bookkeeping experience to enable them to understand complex operational accounting issues, and communicate effectively with business unit accounting staff. A conceptual analytical mindset to enable the candidate to visualize proposed development alternatives and requirements is extremely helpful. Experience in a high-volume reconciliation environment is desired.
- Accounting Degree (AS or BS) desired
- Ability to visualize proposed development alternatives and processes
- Limited Supervision Needed
- Ability to work occasional overtime to meet critical deadlines
- Minimum 2 years professional accounting experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Access
- Self starter
- Demonstrates initiative, drive and job ownership
- Detail Oriented - Ability to research and investigate transactional level detail.
- Experience in a high volume transactional environment.
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...