As the nation's first multi-campus charter school, Friendship Public Charter School has been producing college-ready students for over 15 years. From Preschool through 12th grade, Friendship invests in providing a rigorous academic curriculum that enables our children to excel as ethical, literate, and well-rounded leaders in a 21st century economy.
- Review and analyzes business transactions for FPCS and affiliates
- Prepares month-end journal entries and performs various reconciliations including but not limited to statements, invoices, vouchers, bank and general ledger accounts
- Performs analysis of grant activities and records associated revenue, receivable and/or deferred revenue
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual account analyses for affiliates and maintains accurate records
- Position will perform account analysis; propose adjusting journal entries and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts for FPCS and affiliates.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Responsible for day-to-day transaction recording and reporting, balance reconciliation and reporting for schools
- Advises management regarding school personnel and staff actions affecting the recording and processing of unusual and infrequent financial transactions in the accounting software.
- Participates in the development and design of accounting system and other finance related projects
- Assist in the required internal, state, and federal account audits and collaborate with the appropriate parties to ensure accuracy and timely reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- 5 or more years experience in performing accounting or auditing work
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices and their application to a wide variety of accounting transactions and problems, office procedures and practices, and accounting computer applications
- Ability to prepare financial reports for the review of management
- Analyze and evaluate accounting problems and develop recommendation for improvement
- Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered